If you’re anything like us, you love a good meal, but you also love a good bargain! Hence why we are so excited that it’s time for Charlotte’s summer Queen’s Feast! From July 21st through July 30th, a number of Charlotte restaurants are offering amazing prix fix dinner menus for $30 or $35 per person – a steal!
While we can’t claim to have tried every restaurant on the list (although, that would be our lifelong goal), a few restaurants on the list have peaked our interest as “must try” during this summer’s restaurant week. We’ve compiled our list below, but we are certain all participating restaurants will offer an incredible dining experience. (FYI – here’s the full list).
- The Pump House : We recently dined at The Pump House for the first time after hearing so many rave reviews. Located in Rock Hill, The Pump House sits on the Catawba River, and the views truly cannot be beat. The dining experience is one-of-a-kind. Here, we want a traditional southern meal to accompany the stunning views of this southern state. We’d start, of course, with the Fried Green Tomatoes and pair it with an entrée of Shrimp & Anson Mills Grits, but anything you eat will be divine. For dessert, it’s a toss-up between the Cheerwine Chocolate Cake and the House-Made Peach Ice Cream. Can you think of a more “Carolina” meal?! ($30/person)
- 300 East : 300 East is one of our favorite Charlotte restaurants. From a delicious Sunday brunch to amazing daily drink specials, this place never disappoints. We are big proponents of dining at restaurants that offer an adult beverage, here a glass of wine, in their Restaurant Week special too. Our ideal dinner experience based on their Queen’s Feast menu? Start with a glass of Double Decker Pinot Grigio and their delicious Baked Marinated Vermont Goat Cheese followed by an entrée of Bronzed Sesame Salmon or Sweet Potato Ravioli. End on a sweet note with their NC Peach & Buttermilk Panna Cotta. Hello, perfect summer meal! ($35/person)
- Napa on Providence : Napa on Providence is not only aesthetically pleasing, but their food is always incredible. Their restaurant week menu is robust, so it makes it hard to choose just one item per course (perhaps you and a friend can split meals!). If we had to choose, though, we would start with the Shrimp and Lemon Gnocchi, which sounds perfectly refreshing. To indulge in a bit of “surf and turf,” our entrée of choice would have to be the Grilled Hanger Steak, which includes a side of roasted okra (yes please!). We’d end our meal the same way it began, with a touch of citrus, and choose the Meyer Lemon Meringue Cheesecake for dessert – nothing better! ($35/person)
- O-Ku Sushi : If you’re a sushi lover, you’ve got to try out one of Charlotte’s newest sushi spots, O-Ku. Located in Atherton Mills, this place is always buzzing with activity, and has been buzzing with rave reviews! We are partial to Edamame, so of course we would have to choose that as our app. For our second course, the South End Shrimp with chili paste, tomato confit, and crushed peanuts is speaking our food love language. Of course, because we are here for sushi, our final course would be a choice of two sushi rolls. That’s right, two! Our sushi-loving hearts are swooning over this deal. ($35/person)
- Paco’s Tacos & Tequila : Ok, so we admit this isn’t a traditional restaurant week pick because it’s invariably not much of a splurge meal, but hear us out. Mexican food ranks high on our list, and as we said, we can’t pass up a restaurant week deal that includes an adult beverage alongside tons of food (at Paco’s Tacos, this means four courses!). So, in addition to a house margarita, your first course is your choice between amazing guacamole and chili con queso, an admittedly tough choice. Next, you’ll have to choose between Paco’s delicious chopped salad or chicken tortilla soup. Because it’s 90+ degrees lately, we’re opting for the salad. For our main course, we have to go with the 3 Taco Plate. Not only do we love tacos, but it’s a fun way to try a variety of menu items. To stick to the Mexican cuisine, the tres leches cake is a no brainer for dessert. We cannot wait to indulge here! ($30/person)
Wherever you choose to dine, do not miss out on Queen’s Feast – there’s truly no better deal in town! Enjoy!